Books Published by PSA
The Phycological Society has published a number of books on algal topics.
- Algal Culturing Techniques edited by R. A. Andersen (2005)
- Prominent Phycologists of the 20th Century edited by D.J. Garbary and M.J. Wynne (1996)
- 2005 Prescott Award Winner The book "Marine Green and Brown Algae of the Hawaiian Islands" by Isabella Abbott and John Huisman was selected by the Prescott Award Committee to receive the 2005 Prescott Prize. The book was selected by the Committee because of its quality and the fact that it will be of considerable value to a wide range of users. This book, together with Dr. Abbott's 1999 book "Marine Red Algae of the Hawaiian Islands" provide a thorough and modern treatment of the seaweed flora of the Hawaiian Islands. Together these works represent a 10 year effort to advance and update the knowledge of this marine flora.
- Woelkerling, W.J., Gustavsen, G., Myklebost, H.E., Prestø, T., Såstad, S.M. 2005. The coralline red algal herbarium of Mikael Foslie: revised catalogue with analyses (PDF). Gunneria 77: 1-625.
- Thor, E., Johansen S. and Nilsen, L.S. 2005. The collection of botanical letters to Mikael H. Foslie in the Gunnerus Library: a catalogue (PDF). Gunneria 78: 1-268.
- Book series: Cellular Origins, Life in Extreme Habitats and Astrobiology (edited by Joseph Seckbach, published by Springer)
- Balogh Scientific Books
- Koeltz Scientific Books
- Vedam Books from India
- Bibliotheca Phycologica (phycological monographs)
- Bibliotheca Diatomologica (diatom monographs)